Monday, March 13, 2006

The Cloonster: He’s not Just a Mimbo, He’s a Proud Liberal

I am a liberal. And I make no apologies for it. Hell, I'm proud of it.”
He said, after being seriously maligned by his comrades in Hollywood for fighting to get the movies, "Syrianna" and "Good Night and Good Luck" distributed. “Too many people run away from the label. They whisper it like you'd whisper ‘I'm a Nazi.’ Like it's dirty word.” And it certainly is in Hollywood. Look at all of the Bush supporters in the Hollywood community. They continue to make millions and millions of dollars – their films are the only ones lauded with awards – their actors the only ones given Oscar gift bags.
But Mr. Clooney will not be silenced when it comes to discussing today’s hot topics, bravely addressing the need to outlaw “Jim Crow” laws and give women the right to vote, “But turn away from saying ‘I'm a liberal’ and it's like you're turning away from saying that blacks should be allowed to sit in the front of the bus that women should be able to vote and get paid the same as a man," Wow. Take that, Conservatives! He's speaking about today's hot political injustices - not still cashing in on Lincoln freeing the slaves or Eisenhower's sending the National Guard to defend the "Little Rock Nine" - which happened years ago - and which conservatives still trot out to make their case for being an historically "progressive" party.
"The fear of been criticized can be paralyzing. Just look at the way so many Democrats caved in the run up to the war. In 2003, a lot of us were saying, where is the link between Saddam and bin Laden? What does Iraq have to do with 9/11? We knew it was bullshit." Mr. Clooney stated. He knew there were no weapons of mass destruction, why didn't the Clintons, John Kerry or France? I'll tell you why. Unlike the Clintons, John Kerry or France, Mr. Clooney is not so afraid that he will stick his head in the sand and pretend everything is okay just because it's fashionable. It was that simple, that plain and that easy.

Foreign policy is his hobby when he's not acting. And he has a gift. We all can see it - he just knows things. Despite so-called proof - the Cloonster knows there were no terror training camps in Iraq. No threat to the U.S.A. - the country that Clooney loves so deeply. Saddam Hussein was good to his people and Iraq was a stable, happy place until the evil Bush empire thrust Democracy onto them against their will.

In short he summarizes, "Bottom line: it's not merely our right to question our government, it's our duty." A message to those trying to silence or bully him: don't. Because he won't shut up for anyone.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you to register my strong disapproval of the use of strong language in this publication.

Many a time in my youth, I would peruse the magazines and newspapers as I lounged about, socializing with the hoi-polloi of my community. Moreover, although certainly we choose to be in mixed company with gentlemen and ladies ("Flappers", to use the parlance of our time), at no time did we ever forget our social etiquette. Even in the underground saloons and speakeasies of Prohibition, certain proprieties were maintained.

Now all of that has changed, I fear, as you seem to feel free to publish the most scandalous commentary by any common two bit naer-do-well named George Clooney. In my time, I never thought I would see the day when the words of the devil would be so proudly published without ever the slightest hint of shame.

"H*ll, I'm proud of it."

Sir, need I remind you that there are children in your audience? Was this Great Republic of ours really better served by your blasphemy? Couldn't you have substituted the words "Fiddlesticks" or "Heaven's to Betsy", or "Oh, Henry" instead of words that only remind one of the sulfurous hereafter? Fire and Brimstone young man, Fire and Brimstone. That is what you should be considering.

I fear the direction our Great Republic is going Sir. I fear it greatly.

Yours truly,

Colonel Hiram Horatio Cushenberry, 4th Dragoons Battalion, 127th Regiment, Retired

5:31 PM  
Blogger RR said...

While I'm all about respecting peoples' First Amendment Rights, I have to admit that when the Cloonster opens his mouth, (and says, "damn" or "hell" or anything else,) he's not so attractive.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

I regret I must once again write to you to express my strong disapproval of your continued flouting of all standards of moral decency and respect.

A young gentleman such as yourself should be very careful not to slide into a moral level of depravity that can only halted by a regular dose of Scripture, and a daily constitutional.

Need I remind you Sir, of the history of our Great Republic? Our forefathers came here to escape from the tyranny of our English overlords and those blasted papist Irishmen. The purifying effects of our clean environment has propelled us to far loftier level than that our English types are accustomed. And spared us from the horrible afflictions of consumption, which I have on good authority, still plagues the old continent. As you may well know, British institutions, such as their Royal Navy are well known for being composed of nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash. This is something I wish to forget.

Many a young gentleman such as yourself has been lead astray by such disadvantages of a modern era education, which spends altogether too much time on the works of Oscar Wilde and the maverick Greek poet, Aschesmides, uplifting they both may be, in an intellectual sense. However, I feel you have stepped over the line when I hear you speak of being attracted to the mouth of Master George Clooney when he opens and closes it. Sir, to mask this sort of thing with all sorts of frippery like ...I was attracted to George Clooney...until he "opens his mouth" and then "he's not so attractive" is nothing but the most pedantic sort of hairsplitting. Good heavens Sir, next you will be debating with me and the whole of the U.S. electorate who have reached the age of majority as to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin!

I take second place to no man in my defense of our liberties and of our newspapermen such as yourself, but you have a taste and a penchant for flouting all standards of decency and chivalry.

Sir, it pains me to say this, but your sort of sly innuendos and references to buggery and the passions it can inspire can only lead you down a very morally perilous road.

Yours truly,

Colonel Hiram Horatio Cushenberry, 4th Dragoons Battalion, 127th Regiment, Retired

3:03 PM  
Blogger RR said...

Uh... I'm not a gentleman. If you read my profile you will see that I played, "Girl at the dogpound" in Grumpier Old Men - not "Gentleman at the dogpound".

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

I would just like to assure you that the mere fact of your being an Actor or a member of the Theatre in no way makes you any less of a Gentleman to me. I am aware of the scurrilous insults and slurs against the character of your typical Thespian. Pernicious nonsense, all of it! Many of fine young Shakespearian Actor has used the Art of the Theater to lift his soul and character above the moral-morasses from which he was raised by his mother or orphanage. Many a young youth in my time used the Theatre to raise himself out of the poorhouse or debtors prison. And I salute you for all of the moxie and gumption you bear within.

Seeing your list of accomplishments in the Theatre has taken me back to my youth. When I was a strapping young lad in my early teens, I too fancied a go at the Theatre. One would think that there would be few roles for a stripling such as myself, yet I soon learned that young men were in demand to play the role of ladies, such as Juliet, or Lady Mac Beth. Ahh, you tell from my choices that the Bard, Master Shakespeare, is near and dear to my heart. However, I lacked the courage of my convictions, and never thrust myself into the Actors Guild. More is the sorrow, more is the sorrow. And now, that I have lost the bloom of my youth, no longer are those sort of roles available to me, as they are now to you.

Therefore, I say to you, young Sir, take hold of your dream and hold fast to it. Soon you will grow long of leg and loin, and strong of shoulder and back. Your voice will deepen to the baritone you seek and desire. Then the roles you covet shall be yours, and you may yet find yourself playing the role of Hamlet himself, reciting the line immortal, “To be, or not to be. That is the question…”

Yours truly,

Colonel Hiram Horatio Cushenberry, 4th Dragoons Battalion, 127th Regiment, Retired

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colonel,

Your posts are going to have a chilling effect on the Cloonster's Freedom of Speech. At long last have you no decency?

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home