Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vagina Monologues Writer Eve Ensler Defends Foley, Loved Being Molested by an Older Woman at 16 - Calls It a "Good Rape"

Genius and innovator Eve Ensler, (and my personal hero - along with Rosie O'Donnell) wrote "The Vagina Monologues" and now the brilliant "Stomach Monologues" and is currently working on "The Fingernail Monologues, (all they ever wanted was a marking)." But she came out swinging on behalf of Representative Mark Foley yesterday at the "World Can't Wait" march. After reading a poem she wrote about her father, Eve told the crowd of nearly 16, "You know, I am all for young people exploring their sexuality with their elders. Let me tell you a little something. 16 years old. There is this gorgeous and I mean gorgeous, 24-year old woman in our neighborhood. She invites me into her car. She asks me if I like to kiss boys, and I say, 'no I do not like that.'and she leans over, and she kisses me so softly on the lips, with her lips. And then she puts her tongue in my mouth. She asked me if I wanted to come to her house, and then she kisses me again, and tells me to relax, to feel it, to let our tongues feel it. She asks my mama if I can spend the night, and my mama's delighted, I'm scared, but really can't wait. I want to be just like her when I grow up. She makes a vodka for herself, and then she asks me what I'm drinking. I say the same as she's drinking. The pretty lady makes me a drink. Then she changes into this chocolate satin teddy. The alcohol has gone to my head,
and I am loose. I am ready. She does everything to me and my coochie snorcher that I always thought was nasty beforehand OH, MY GOD, I am excited. You know, I realized later, she was my surprising, unexpected, politically incorrect salvation. She transformed my sorry-ass coochie snorcher and raised it up into a kind of heaven." The crowd went wild with applause. "So you see," Ms. Ensler concluded, "If I say that I'm disgusted by what Representative Foley did, and if a peep is heard by anyone who ever performed or is a fan of 'The Vagina Monologues' about how Rep. Foley is some kind of pervert - then I guess that would make us hypocrites, wouldn't it?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home