Monday, April 17, 2006

Natalie Maines & Dixie Chicks: Bigger, Badder and Not Ready to Make Nice!

Wow! It's been a while since we heard from Natalie and the "Chicks" after they were driven underground by conservatives. Well guess what? Natalie got up, brushed the Oreo dust off of her moo-moo, got down to a size 16W and she's ready to rock once again! The Chicks' new single "Not Ready to Make Nice" speaks plainly about the pain and hurt they felt when people disagreed with Natalie's statement, “Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas,” at a concert in England back in 2003. Maines was apparantly insulted that many Americans felt embarrassed that she was from the United States. Maines said, "I should have the freedom to say whatever I want as a celebrity - and I shouldn't have any consequences. I mean, if I say 'Hey y'all! You all er stupid for votin' fer that Bush feller fer president!' I'm exercising my freedom of speech. My stupid fans should recognize that and keep on buying my records and going to my shows - that's my right." Her chubby little face scrunched up, "The fans shouldn't have the right to deny me my 10 million dollars just 'cause they don't like my politics."
Natalie’s next plans are to do a full spread in Plumpers magazine and there's talk of a spokesperson deal with the womens' clothing store, Dots. "I have so much a-goin' on right now that ain't nobody can stop me lessen they sit on me, and I'm a-feared that I'd win that 'un!" "Not Ready to Make Nice" references the best selling Laura Ingraham book, "Shut Up and Sing" and is currently getting some airplay on the radio all over the U.S.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh, if you keep posting things like this, Colonel Cushenberry is going to make a reappearance...

7:36 PM  
Blogger RR said...

I kind of miss Col Cushenberry.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home